6.22.2011

Pelham

Untitled from aaron elwell on Vimeo.



I need to start making shorter videos so I can upload them with more quality, but when there is an hour of sweet singletrack footage its hard to condense it without leaving out some good stuff. The famous part of the trail is blood rock somewhere in the middle of the video.

I never really reported on the trip to Bump N Grind in Pelham, AL. I cruised down South with Travis and Garret from the Ethos Coalition. We had a great drive down with a stop in Memphis for some BBQ and then got up the next morning and went and prerode the course. It is one of the fastest and most fun trails around. This was my second trip down, but first time I had gotten to run the long loop. The race is two laps, but its essentially one big lap that crosses through the start/finish once. I rode around in 4th and 5th most of the day. The people in front of me was always changing, but I was just riding steady. After crossing through the start finish I picked up the pace on the long climb to the top of the course and found myself in second turning for the descent to the finish. On the first section of the descent a spectator says 25 seconds to the leader and Im thinking I should be able to close that, as I was 2 minutes when I came through the start finish only a few K's ago. Then the air went of out my tire. I was only a few miles to the finish so I just put air in it and tried to continue on. This wasnt really working and I eventually rode in on a completely flat tire, not real good on a carbon wheel, but I was not in the mood to fix a flat. There is a big payday for the win and I was pretty excited about getting that. I ended up 5th and we loaded up for a late night drive back. Arrived home about 3 am and it was a great way to spend a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment