4.25.2009

Sea otter Report


Flew out to Monterrey for the Sea Otter Classic last week with Matt Severson. It was quite an event and some good racing experience. Results were okay with a 55th out of well over a hundred in the Short Track. It was my first pro short track and the pace was very, very quick. Started in the seventies and had a decent start. I got pulled after about 10 minutes when Todd Wells and Burry Stander were closing in on the group I was riding with. I dont think we would have gotten lapped on that lap, but it was inevitable.
On Sunday was the big race. 175 or so Pro men took the line for the XC. The race was actually shortened to about 28 miles because of the extreme heat. A good portion of the field DNF'd as there was a lot of overheating. I battled with it myself as I yo-yo'd through the field. I figure i was up as far as the forties before finally fading to 62nd. The world Champion Christoph Sauser won.


The race is really huge. There is always something going on. Road races, jump parks, a huge expo, mtb racing. Monterrey was also pretty cool. Matt and I did a little exploring and headed down to the Cannery area for our pre-race meal.
gotta to to the airport, Katie lands tonight after two weeks in the Far East.

No comments:

Post a Comment