1.31.2010

Flat Tires

Two weekends in a row ive had a flat tire. Yesterday I headed out on the cross bike with the thinking I wouldnt get a flat from the dirty roads by riding knobby tires. The problem was that I had to adjust my seat before going out riding, and in the process took off my seat bag and set it on the the bumper of my truck. I got the seat adjusted and headed out. About an hour and a half from home I felt the rear tire going flat, no problem, ive got a spare. I didnt though, it was still sitting on the bumper in our garage. So I have to call in my support vehicle (katie). Luckily she had the Garmin, so I didnt have to try and give her directions to Linwood, KS. Now though, im all set with spare tubes for all the bikes so I should be able to get home without any assistance.

Im on my own today no matter what as Katie is in KC doing the Childrens TLC Groundhog Run. Its probably the coolest 5k ive ever seen. It all takes place inside in the Hunt Subtropolis which is a huge network of caves that are used as wharehouses. It is like and underground city, with train tracks and roads big enough for semis to come in.

Cats had a tough loss last night. Overtime to the Jayhawks. Should have/could have won. Its pretty exciting that KSU can now compete with Kansas after too many years of not being close.

No comments:

Post a Comment