10.13.2009

24 hours in Moab

24 Hours of Moab was a blast. Here are a few pictures from the weekend. More are HERE.

This appears to be the start of my 5th lap. Went out around 11:00 am on Sunday. It was the teams last lap. I was excited to improve on a disasterous 4th lap when my stomach didnt hold up.
Here is one of Cameron finishing up his first lap. He used his course knowledge to ride a couple minutes off course and still put in a fast time. This would be the only lap I went to watch, as I was relaxing and recovering in our sweet campsite the rest of the time. The guys from Golden Belt Bicycles put on a huge spread with 4 pop up tents, two sleeping tents, heaters, lights, and warm food. It was awesome.

Going out for my first night lap. This was probably my best lap of the weekend. Almost as fast as my daytime lap.



The team was the 24 hrs of Granny Gear series champions. I had very little to do with this but Craig, Scott, and Cam were the team's regulars and nice enough to let me join them for the weekend.


Happy to be done. Ready for the next one. A special thanks to my one girl pit crew for making the trip and staying up almost all the night with me. It was another great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment